Wicker Smith Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
MIA/FTL/ORL – AUGUST 15, 2018 – Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford P.A. is pleased to announce that nine partners have been recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019. In addition, two of Wicker Smith managing partners received special recognition as “Lawyer of the Year”; only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title.
The attorneys recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 with their respective practice area(s), include:
- Oscar J. Cabanas, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants ǀ Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Nicholas E. Christin, Litigation – Trusts and Estates ǀ Trusts and Estates
- Jordan Cohen, Commercial Litigation
- Richards H. Ford, Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Frederick “Rick” E. Hasty, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Leslie A. McCormick, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Jackson F. McCoy, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Dennis M. O’Hara, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Kurt M. Spengler, Commercial Litigation
Richards H. Ford was named the Best Lawyers® 2019 Professional Malpractice Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Orlando. Jackson F. McCoy was named the Best Lawyers® 2019 Personal Injury Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami.
Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Globally, 83,000 industry-leading attorneys are eligible to vote and almost 10 million evaluations were received on the legal abilities of other lawyers, based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 58,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”