The Jacksonville Office of Wicker Smith has new openings for a Legal Assistant and Paralegal.
The ideal candidate for our legal assistant position will have a minimum of 2 years of experience performing advanced legal assistant duties.
The ideal candidate for our paralegal opening will have 2 years of experience working in litigation and be familiar with retrieving records, preparing and filing documents, working with experts and preparing for trial.
Both positions require working in a team driven environment. Ideal candidates must have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment is required. Candidates must have experience using a case management program. The right candidate must be able to work independently. Must type at least 45 wpm and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Wicker Smith takes pride in providing our employees with an excellent work environment, competitive pay and benefits and endless possibility for growth for those who join our team and initiatives to provide the best service to our clients.
Wicker Smith is a proud an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply to:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years legal experience
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience with ProLaw Case Management Software a plus.
- Ideal candidate must have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment is required
- Able to work independently, manage time and prioritize.
- Must type at least 45 wpm
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- All scheduling and calendaring of hearings, depositions, conferences, mediations, CMEs, etc.
- Drafting of those related pleadings and communication to appropriate party.
- Preparing attorneys for events.
- Distribution of incoming pleadings / faxes.
- Handling of invoices.
- Electronic court filing
- Calendaring, Scheduling Depositions, Mediations & Hearings.
- Professional interaction with clients, attorneys and the courts.
- Candidate must also be a motivated team player with solid organizational skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Supporting your attorneys and those on the team.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com