Website Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford P.A.
Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford, P.A. is looking for a Controller in our Coral Gables office.
This position has responsibilities related to all of Wicker Smith’s 13 offices in Arizona, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. In this very hands on position, the Controller will be responsible for supervising billing and accounts payable staff; and will also oversee general accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger and local and state taxes.
Wicker Smith takes pride in providing our employees with an excellent work environment, competitive pay and benefits and endless possibility for growth for those who join our team and initiatives to provide the best service to our clients. Wicker Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Microsoft Office knowledge focusing on Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be extremely organized and self-starting
- Must possess effective time management skills and embrace teamwork philosophy
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Five years of accounting experience, preferably in a law firm.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Prior experience with accounting/billing software required.
- E-billing experience a plus.
- Manage tax filings, including state and local taxes, sales and use, payroll, and special taxes. Ensure taxes are remitted on time and records are maintained.
- Review general ledger detail and make journal entries as needed,
- Produce monthly financial statements and reports.
- Managing the Firm’s cash across multiple bank accounts.
- Monitoring bank account daily activity and resolve bank discrepancies.
- Initiate and manage wire transfers
- Prepare data for and process the 401(k) profit sharing calculation
- Post journal entries for semi-monthly and monthly payroll
- Prepare data for and process submission of FSA payments
- Prepare data for and process submission of voluntary insurance benefits
- Work with external accounting firms for annual 401(k) audit and year-end financial statements
- Works on projects as assigned
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and should send their resume and cover letter to: Lisa Dasher
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com