MIA/FTL/ORL/PHX/ATL/TPA – August 18, 2022 – Civil litigation defense firm, Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford P.A., is pleased to announce that 17 attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 and Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch 2023.
In addition, Wicker Smith managing partners Richards H. Ford and Oscar J. Cabanas received special recognition as Best Lawyers® 2023 “Lawyer of the Year”. Mr. Ford has been recognized for Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants in Orlando and Mr. Cabanas for Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants in Miami; only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title.
The firm would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Renee L. Brant: Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs – Fort Lauderdale
- Oscar J. Cabanas: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants – Miami
- Nicholas E. Christin: Litigation – Trusts and Estates; Trusts and Estates – Miami
- Jordan S. Cohen: Commercial Litigation – Fort Lauderdale
- Richards H. Ford: Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Litigation – Insurance – Orlando
- Mandi J. Karvis: Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants – Phoenix
- Leslie A. McCormick: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants – Miami
- Liz C. Messianu: Real Estate Law – Miami
- Jackson F. McCoy: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants – Miami
- Dennis M. O’Hara: Aviation Law; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants – Fort Lauderdale
- Kurt M. Spengler: Commercial Litigation – Orlando
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023 awards recognize extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States. Wicker Smith attorneys recognized in this category with their respective practice area(s), include:
- John Floyd, Jr.: Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants – Nashville
- Kate Gaset: Insurance Law; Litigation – Construction – Tampa
- Jessica L. Gross: Appellate Practice – Miami
- Jacob J. Liro: Construction Law and Transportation Law – Miami
- Vanessa M. Romero-Molina: Transportation Law – Miami
- Jonathan Silverman: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants – Atlanta
To read more, please visit BestLawyers.com. Best Lawyers in America® is the oldest and most respected lawyer ranking service in the world. For almost 40 years, Best Lawyers has assisted those in need of legal services to identify the lawyers best qualified to represent them in distant jurisdictions or unfamiliar specialties. Best Lawyers lists are published in leading local, regional, and national publications across the globe. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Throughout 48 countries around the globe, 112,293 industry-leading attorneys are eligible to vote, and more than 11 million evaluations are received on the legal abilities of other lawyers, based on their specific practice areas around the world. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Founded in 1952, Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford P.A., is a full-service trial firm deeply experienced in handling significant and complex litigation for a broad variety of clients, ranging from multinational corporations to individuals. With over 250 attorneys, Wicker Smith services its clients through a network of sixteen locations in Atlanta, Brunswick, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Key Largo, Melbourne, Miami, Naples, Nashville, Orlando, Palmetto Bay, Pensacola, Phoenix, Sarasota, Tampa and West Palm Beach. Wicker Smith is a member of the USLAW NETWORK, an alliance of more than 100 AV-rated, independent law firms and over 6,000 attorneys across the U.S. and Canada, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. For more information, visit www.wickersmith.com.