The Tampa office of Wicker, Smith, O’Hara, McCoy & Ford is seeking a litigation associate. Candidates need to have 2-5 years of litigation experience and should have high academic credentials from a nationally respected law school.
– Drafting complaints, answers, and other pleadings;
– Participating in development of the strategy for written and deposition discovery;
– Preparing and conducting discovery;
– Researching and drafting motions;
– Assisting with preparation for trials, arbitrations and evidentiary hearings;
– Meeting and conferring with opposing counsel
Excellent academic credentials as well as top analytical and verbal communication skills are a must. In addition to excellent academic credentials, the Candidate should possess strong work ethic, organization, writing, and analytical skills as well as have experience in litigation, including deposition and oral argument. Candidates should also possess the ability to take on significant responsibility, be team-oriented, and enjoy providing valuable analysis and strategy on a variety of cases. Must be licensed by the Florida Bar and in good standing. Judicial clerkship experience is welcomed, but not required.